HCL Sensitivity Test
(AKA The Apple Cider Test)
(determines the presence of ulcers and whether one should use Zypan or Multizyme)
1. Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 4 ounces of water
2. Drink before a meal (on an empty stomach).
3. If this causes any burning, do NOT use Zypan (acid/enzyme complex). Use Multizyme (full spectrum food derived digestive enzyme) instead and read the footnotes below regarding ulcers.
4. If it DOES NOT cause burning use Zypan (food derived acid/enzyme complex) with the meal. This should improve digestion.
5. Zypan is very effective when traveling abroad to reduce the risk of parasites and food poisoning.
á NOTE: Ulcers generally cause burning when the stomach is empty, because the stomach acids have easy access to the lesions in the stomach lining. Eating will usually relieve the pain. If apple cider vinegar causes burning, this is an indication of ulcers.
á Poor sleep can lead to ulcers, irritable bowel disorders, ulcerative colitis, etc. because the stomach lining, which generally heals at night during stage 4 (REM) sleep, is not rebuilding properly.